Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Hardly enough for you to equate "full-sized adult" with "obese"...

Me??? Are you kidding? I'm voicing against your bigotry and lack of logic, not because I'm fat. FYI, I fall in the FIT category!

Yet, 80% of the population is considered fit. Just drop this line because it cannot stand on because it's plain false.

Reply to
Neo

Yet, shouldn't be used as an explanation of a fact. Excuses are by definition a lie.

Reply to
Neo

In news:%_Jyb.3676$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com, TeGGeR being of bellicose mind posted:

Oops... I multiplied 4.64 instead of 4.84.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Did you read the link I posted concrening increasing obesity? Are not "Full sized" Americans part of the population? Do you wonder why I posted it in context of complaints of insufficient room in cars?

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Meriiam-Webster: Excuse: 1)An apology (is that always a lie?), 2)A pardon, 3)To release from obligation, 4)Justify.

Now Neo.... everytime you offer an excuse, is it also a lie? What is your excuse! ;-) Such a cynic.

Reply to
Philip®

Yes.

Yes. But the original poster said "full-sized adults", referring to their full development as adults, not as fat pigs.

I see, sophistry at its summit: if part of the population is getting more obese and if part of the population is full-sized adults, all full-sized adults are fat.

OK, now go back to your hole.

Reply to
Neo

Are you ignorant or what? Perhaps you're not able to grasp the semantic difference, but when someone offers an excuse to an officer it's not a synonym for apology, a pardon, a release from an obligation. It's only an attempt to justify a mistake and not take responsibiulity for one's actions.

Only you to resort to a dictionary...

Reply to
Neo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

My my... such passionate anger.

"Logic is a method used to arrive at wrong conclusions with confidence"

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

It can certainly be all those things. You nor I know the tone with which the words were uttered.

I would not say an excuse is "only an attempt to justify a mistake" in the motorist's case. An admission and explanation of guilt.

Such is my excuse. Is it a lie? ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

I don't know anyone who compares family sedans by how fast they can go. And of course no one in their right mind would ever pay $19K for a new Stratus.

At least in California, new Toyotas are so agressively priced that used ones are usually a bad deal. The type of person that gets rid of a recent vintage Toyota after 1-3 years is the same type of person that overpaid for the car new and expects to get a lot for it used, often expecting to get more for a one year old vehicle than a savvy buyer would pay for a new vehicle. Fortunately, there are enough buyers that believe that they have to pay MSRP for a new Toyota, so there is a ready market for overpriced used Toyotas. So there are rarely any good deals in used Toyotas (or Hondas or Acuras).

Toyota has held the line on prices for many years, and street prices have actually come down, at least in California. I paid a tad under $17K for a Camry LE six years ago (a good deal at the time, about $1500 under invoice); now I can buy a 2004 Camry LE for $16K! Of course the newer Camry's have been decontented in a big way, so you're getting less for the lower pirce as well. Not sure if I will buy any more Toyotas, they seem to have gotten a little too cocky.

Reply to
Steven M. Scharf

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in

Tell that to Nissan Maxima owners. That's the primary reason *I* bought one, at least. :)

Reply to
Rich

The Maxima fits into the "sport sedan" category, along with the BMW 5 series, the Saab 9-5, and some of the Audis, more than the family sedan category. Nissan's mid-size family sedan is the Altima. Adding a V6 to a Camry or Accord doesn't turn it into a sport sedan.

Reply to
Steven M. Scharf

I'm in the process of shopping, I'm having a tough time choosing between the Accord V6 and 04 Grand Prix. I want something that is safe for my son *and* moves like a greased arrow.

I found that adding a 6 to an Accord just makes it silkier in the twisties. It is already a sport sedan. However, I'll agree with you an the Camry. Vuarra

Vuarra