Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Hopefully it is better than the active suspension system in the Sequoia. From what I have read about that system, at best it is no worse than the standard suspension and some have claimed it is actually a safety hazard.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Fla being of bellicose mind posted:

The VERY point I alluded earlier. A "full sized" car does provide room for more passengers than a "compact." Duh. But is there really more room in a "full size" car where the driver sits compared to a "mid size" car?

Reply to
Philip®

In news:OJUtb.4025$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Joseph Oberlander being of bellicose mind posted:

When any vehicle is submerged, the outside water pressure exerts considerable force against the window to the degree the window will not slide in its tracks. They tell you this in Scandanavian countries ... countries that require "sun roofs" as an ESCAPE hatch from a sinking vehicle. Running off into fjords is most common.

Reply to
Philip®

They tried it as well while submerged. Just took a lot longer and went slowly. The problem is, they say, that people panic and try a lot of little things for a split second, thiking they actually tried it for several seconds.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Both of you are right, and I made the mistake of thinking that CR was referring only to the quality ratings and not the reliability ratings.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

When I went to driving school they were teaching that if a vehicle becomes submerged it is best to wait until the vehicle is nearly full of water, and the pressure is equal on both sides of the door, before attempting to open the door.

mike hunt

"Philip" wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Having both a Bonneville and an Intrigue, I say, yes, the Bonneville has much more hip and shoulder room than the Intrigue. I could also push the seat further back in the Bonneville, but then I wouldn't be able to reach the pedals... and I'm 6'5"!

Reply to
Neo

The 2004 F150 received the NHTSA highest rating of five stars for driver and passenger. The NHTSA test are the ONLY reliable tests for vehicles offered for sale in the US. To pass the NHTSA test the results MUST be repeatable, unlike similar unverifiable test conducted at higher speeds by others of ONE vehicle.

mike hunt

Steve St>

Reply to
MikeHunt2

"Philip®" wrote in news:cV7tb.385 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

aparently you can`t read!!!!!!!! he said the "service" waiting room. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

m> >

While your Ford is floatin' in the fjord.... Sorry. Door windows slide in their tracks. Sun roof (escape hatches) can be popped straight out. Designs differ.

Reply to
Philip®

In news:Xns9436986CA153Dkevynetinsnet@167.142.225.136, Kevin Bottorff being of bellicose mind posted:

Apparently you don't know how dealers make money.

Reply to
Philip®

There are more inches across the width of the car, so yes. It's not just leg room, but shoulder room. The CV has it, the Camery does not.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

The car will float first. It takes quite amount of time for the car to submerge deep enough to put pressure on the windows for the motor to not be able to open it, if your theory is correct.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

When I went to driving school they taught is not to drive into the water. Bob

Reply to
Bob

crap man over the weekend i had 6 full sized men in my f250 extended cab

crown vic can easily seat 6 my gramps had one

Reply to
Mercury

if youre looking for driver room only buy a car with one seat, right in the center, or better yet drive a bike plenty of rrom then.

try a deloran., there pretty roomy for the driver

heh... just a little humor

ken

Reply to
Mercury

So are you suggesting that Toyota delberately builds cars that require a lot of service?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

LOL

gawd we all want SUV's to survive crashes...etc etc

why don't we learn to drive???

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

You fell for it, Thomas. Inches across the car does not automatically translate into more room in the driver's seat. The variables that compromise DRIVER room are evident in many SUVs compared to sedans and many compact cars.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

Cars are typically nose heavy and float accordingly. What do you suppose would happen to that floating state if you got the driver's window down and water started rushing in? Where would that air space go? Better to exit the sun roof which is why northern European cars have them.

Reply to
Philip®