Changing engine in 1994 Continental

Does anyone know if a 3.8 Liter v-6 from a 1998 and up Windstar would also fit a 1994 Lincoln Continental. My 94 died from bad head gaskets and I was wondering if the Windstar engine would be a direct bolt in. I understand I would hav to bolt most of the fuel rails etc from my old one onto it. Just wondering if the mounting and bolt up to the transaxle is similar?

Thanks

Reply to
hartless

Try to ask someone at your local junkyard. They seem to be able to answer this type question.

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing Dude

Unfortunately, 1994, the last year of the V-6 Continental, is a unique engine set up. 1989-1993 will interchange quite readily among Lincolns.

For the good news, you should be able to find an entire 3.8 for your 1994 for about $700.00. Is the car serviceable to the point where it is worth replacing the engine?

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

Reply to
hartless

Well, the newer 3.8's used a DIS coil pack instead of a distributor. Does yours have a distributor or coil pack? My guess is if yours is a distributor version, the newer engines would be problematic. Keep in mind the FWD versions are also different from the RWD.

Bob

Reply to
(remove)sound

It would probably be best to leave the old dog dead. 94 Continental isn't worth the time or money to fix. Much newer Continentals are selling for very little.

Reply to
Rex