cleaning engine parts

Hi,

I'm in the process disassembling a 302 engine, and I would like to know if there is a way other than bringing it to an engine rebuilder shop for cleaning the the parts .

I have been cleaning it with engine degreaser, I would like to know that do the pros use....

TIA

Reply to
Spark

The Mercedes repair shop across the road from where I used to live used Karcher high-pressure steam equipment (basically, a huge cappucino frother :)

--

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Start with a steam jenny after covering it with engine degreaser. Then cleaning the parts in a mineral spirits bin is what is used to clean before the metal brushes and such go to work on it.

Reply to
BK24

Personally I don't even bother with the degreaser. I use that powdered stuff that most people use to clean out their tub. It's real cheap and good. I think the abrasive quality of it and the bleach in it also help out quite a bit.

Reply to
Childfree Scott