Considering buying a new F350 in the next few weeks...

If he wanted cheap he should buy a ten year old truck. LOL

If you want to save money, I would look for a used one. I bet a lot of contractors and other folks have ones from the last few model years going for cheap.

Jeff

Reply to
Mike

What part of "the F150 and the F Series had been the number one seller for over thirty years and that is because commercial buyers know Ford trucks are simply the best on the market, period," did you not understand? Commercial buyers buy far more Ford trucks than the total number of GM trucks. period. LOL

Yet GM sells more pickups than Ford. Go figure. (GM sells pickups under the GMC and Chevolet brands.)

jeff

Reply to
Mike

Actually, the F-series is more than one single model. It is several models. Nor, is it comparing apples to pears. The GMC and Chevy trucks are nearly identical.

Toyota sold 1,358,573 cars while GM sold 1,257,481 cars. So Toyota sold more cars than GM.

Nope. For that to happen, Ford would have to sell more than 1,000,000 trucks a year. Last year, Ford sold 515,513 F-series trucks, not all of which were F-150s. Toyota sold 436,617 Camries.

GM sold over 600,000 Sierrae and Silverardos compared to about 515,000 F-series. So GM DOES sell more light trucks than Ford and more full- size pickups.

GM doesn't sell Camries.

Last year, Gm sold 2,955,860 vehicles; Ford sold 1,942,041 vehicles and Toyota 2,955,860 vehicles, Chrysler and Honda about 1.4 million.So GM did not outsell Ford or Honda or Chrylser or Toyota by more than nearly 2,000,000 vehicles.

And Toyota sold 1,358,573 cars while GM sold 1,257,481 cars. So Toyota sold more cars than GM.

Before making claims about sales numbers, you should check your numbers before making a fool of yourself.

Or, as they say, you're better off not speakng and letting us think you are a fool rather than leaving no doubt. In this case, once again, you've left no doubt.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Evidence please. Your statement that GM sells more cars than Toyota has been disproven. So your statements are not worth the electrons they are sent over the internet on.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It was a suggestion. Many late-model trucks that are in excellent condition are available. I doubt that the OP wants to spend more money than necessary. Whether a late-model used vehicle would meet his needs is up to him to decide. I just offered him the suggestion.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Lots of short term lease vehicles in that class available for REAL good prices in the USA right now. Some are coming for sale up here in Canada - still at very attractive prices.

Reply to
clare

"Environuts"... cute term.... I imagine you as young... too young to know what started the move to emissions control devices... or I imagine you as old.... too old to remember why we found these devices necessary....

If you fit neither one of these profiles, I can only assume that you have adopted one point of view I have yet been able to resolve... My head will not fit up my ass far enough to believe that we do not need emissions control devices.

For everything else there is some wierd bastard with a name that he thinks is cute... even though it is overused to the point of needing a number on the end....

Let me guess... you wear an earring to make yourself "stand out" from the "crowd".

Reply to
Jim Warman

in article 49e1ec94$0$11646$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com, Pete C. at snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote on 4/12/09 6:29 AM:

diesel ... great choice ... easy 400k miles durability.

easy care ... glow plugs ... fuel/oil filters ... change the oil until you have get baby some new shoes.

i would go for the Auto Transmission... all of the new ones are 4 speed.

Also .. think about getting used.

Prices are great in that market ...

new gets you a warrenty if you are in to hard service.

When Transmission fluid gets changed ... think about going Chevy .. Synthetic ATF. It is almost as good as Red Line .. and lots cheaper.

Took my Autotrans 400 miles to adjust to the S/ATF .. and runs so great with bio-diesel smooothing out the engine as well.

Up notches the performance profile big time and dollar wise given fuel prices.

sumbuddie hopes that helps

:?

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

5 speed auto actually.

It will be doing a 3,400mi RT fully loaded and towing a few weeks after I get it.

I've been doing synthetic on most everything for years. I expect the new truck will get a few hundred miles on whatever oil comes in it and I'll do a change with synthetic a few days before the big trip. I don't think I'll change ATF that early though.

Reply to
Pete C.