crown vic shaking

i have another problem with my 1993 crown vic, i get a shaking from the underbody at about 45 mph it is not in the steering, but more from the underbody but it dosent do it everytime. it will shake for a couple seconds then quit or if i put in in neutral it will quit, or if i take my foot off gas it will quit, i replaced the u-joints, but iam still getting any help? thank you.

Reply to
ramdodge

"ramdodge" wrote: i have another problem with my 1993 crown vic, i get a shaking from the underbody at about 45 mph it is not in the steering, but more from the underbody but it dosent do it everytime. it will shake for a couple seconds then quit or if i put in in neutral it will quit, or if i take my foot off gas it will quit, i replaced the u-joints, but iam still getting any help? thank you."

The drive shaft may be out of balance. Try balancing your tires.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

My money is on plug wires. The boots are starting to fail. The concern will get worse over the next few weeks.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

thank you for your help.

Reply to
ramdodge

thank you for your help

Reply to
ramdodge

"" wrote: > ramdodge wrote: > > i have another problem with my 1993 crown vic, i get a > shaking from the > > underbody at about 45 mph it is not in the steering, but > more from the > > underbody but it dosent do it everytime. it will shake for a > couple > > seconds then quit or if i put in in neutral it will quit, or > if i take my > > foot off gas it will quit, i replaced the u-joints, but iam > still getting > > any help? thank you. > > > > My money is on plug wires. The boots are starting to fail. > The concern will get > worse over the next few weeks.

I agree sounds like a misfire under load plug wires are a good place to start also if your going at a steady speed around 38-45 mph and give it some gas if your car feels like your going over rumble strips may be the torque converter clutch.

Reply to
Marty