Crown Vic Transmission Problem

2002 Crown Vic with 70,000, in overdrive will shift 1 to 2 the rev and will not shift into 3 or 4. With overdrive off it works and shifts fine. Whats wrong?
Reply to
newton1212

Wow, a new Crown Vic TRUCK! This is the ford TRUCK newsgroup so there must be a new TRUCK called a Crown Vic! If there wasn't, nobody could be so stupid as to post something about a CAR in a TRUCK newsgroup! I can't wait to see what the new Crown Vic TRUCK looks like! Thank you for this wonderful new information about the Crown Vic TRUCK!

Reply to
Fred Fartalot

Hey Fred...I've never seen you post here before. And I won't again : )

Plonk!

Reply to
Advocate

Sounds like a problem with the electronic transmission control system. Does the "OD Off" indicator blink? That shows that a fault was discovered and a code was set. Best to take it to a reputable transmission shop.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo