dash and tailight problem

i kind of have the same problem a friend of mine installed my radio. when he istalled it he had to connec teh red and yellow wires together to keep the cd player on. anf now the dashlight and taillight wont come one. i even unpluged the radio adn still nothing... Can anyone help me dont want to spend 400 bucks sending it to the dealership.. its a 2003 malibu four door. thanks for the help/

Reply to
Anonymous

Sounds like he blew the running/dash light fuse. Just replace it with the same size. It is located in the fuse block.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Your best bet is to re-attach the harness connector that you (or your buddy) snipped off when you pulled the original radio out. You can buy harnesses that you wire on to the new radio and plug into the original harness for under $20.

Saves a lot of guess work, and a trip to the dealership.

Sharky

Reply to
Sharky