Dirty Fuel Injectors???

I think you already ruled that out by using the starting fluid to get fire. The injectors seem more likely and they all have signal and ground common to them all. I say check ground first. It's free and quick. Then go for the signal.

Reply to
GILL

Mike, yes, suddenly. Ran well Friday night; Saturday morning, nothing.

Reply to
Joe Colella

Did you fill up the tank Friday night?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Yes, Exxon, but only after running the tank so dry, the car stalled out and coasted to the gas pump.

Reply to
Joe Colella

When I followed the directions from the website above, I did not hear any clicks and after 1.5 minutes the fuel pump was still running. I then re-connected the STI to the neg term and tried it again with the same results. Now what do I do???

Joe

Reply to
Joe Colella

I was waiting for someone to figure that out!

Reply to
Ironrod

Reply to
scott and barb

Reply to
scott and barb

I'm still putting up a 6 pack of my home brew..... Currently brewing a Belgian-style dubbel, about 8% alc. Come & get it if I'm wrong.

Starting fluid worked because whether the TFI module's bad or not, you'll get spark when cranking. I know because once when mine went I could get the engine to rev higher while cranking if I stepped on the gas pedal

Everything says the fuel system is working. Got pressure, whirring pump.. All 8 injectors will not go bad overnite. A TFI module will.

Get a cheap TFI module, even a used one from a parts yard. If it works, that's your culprit. Now go out and buy a good one and keep the other for a spare. If you keep the car long enough you'll need it. Even if you get one from Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc, it should still only run about $60-70. Alot cheaper than investigating and servicing a fuel system that is in all likelihood still working.

IMO, the TFI module is the weakest link in the 5.0. Like the fuel pump relay in my Volvo 245, it's a known issue, you have to expect it to go bad. I keep a spare and it gets used.

There was even a class-action lawsuit about the TFI modules, the location on the distributor exposes it to excessive heat from the engine, causing premature failure. There were relocation kits available at one time, not sure if they're still around.

mkl

Reply to
Mike Lenker

Remove a plug, reconnect it to the boot & ground it to the block. Have someone turn over the engine while you look foe a fat blue spark. Doing this in the shade or lower light makes spotting the spark much easier. Don't handle the plug while the test is underway or you may get the shock of your life.

Reply to
Shawn