Disable seat rollback in Town Car

Hi all,

2000 Town Car. Is it possible to disable the automatic seat rollback that occurs when I turn off the engine? I don't need it, and it's already starting to show some wear. I still want to be able to adjust the seat position with the buttons. Thanks.
Reply to
Earl Kiosterud

Earl, acc. to the wiring diagram (compliments of Mitchell), from the driver's seat switch there's a red-and-white wire going to the forward-rearward movement motor. Looks as if you could install a

*relay-controlled* cutout switch, say under the dash, to power this wire & switch it on only when you wish to move your driver's seat forward/rearward. *MUST HAVE, for safety*. May be easier/more convenient to access this wire under the seat with it raised to its maximum height--still the red-and-white one. HTH, s
Reply to
sdlomi2

Thanks. That's useful, and I may do that. I was hoping there's a way do disable it (tell the computer not to do it). I did the procedure in the owner's manual that turns off the memory/seat feature, and the seat then didn't move when I took the key in or out. BUt then when I moved the seat forward (it had retracted all the way back, as it does), it started again rolling back every time I took the key out, and forward again when I put the key in. Sheesh.

Reply to
Earl Kiosterud