Ford Taurus 1989 deliberately Being Disabled by old Boyfriend.

Re: Ford Taurus 1989

My old boyfriend keeps coming to my house and at work and doing something to my car so that it will not start. I started figuring out that it was him when one of my co-workers saw him at my car while I was at work. She came back in and asked me if I am still dating him and I said. She said that he was under the hood. My dad found out about a fuel shut off switch and came to reset that for me before work a few times. But, Now, He is going under the hood and doing somthing.,

And BTW. I know where the fuel shut off switch is. I just don't know how to reset it myself and I am tired of calling my dad and the garage in the morning and at work to come help.

Then, I've gotten stuck at work so many times. I think my old boyfriend thinks I am going to call him to come help. But, I refuse. He was a real control freak and I am going to start really watching my car and calling the police. But, If I don't catch him next time. I want to know what my options are. They are real simple fixes by the garage I have called when my dad is not available. But, They charge an arm and a leg and won't tell me what to do myself. Also The car always turns over when I turn the key and I can also hear the fuel pump running as I turn the key in the ignition

Thanks, Mariann

P.S. I checked under the destributer cap and all wires are going to where the numbers say they should. Is there something else under there that he can unhook real quick before I catch him? My co-worker said he was only under the hood for less then a minute and then looked around and split and sure enough. My car would not start.

Reply to
Mariann

Get or borrow a digital camera. Get a picture of him under the hood. Call the police. Then send him a letter requiring he pay the bills to fix your car. And sue him if he doesn't. That will get the idea across.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

fuel reset switch is inside the car in the trunk, under the hood could be tons of things with a computer controller car.

Reply to
Max Power

Roll up the windows & LOCK THE DOORS!

It's very difficult to get under the hood w/o access to the interior on a Taurus.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

He had a copy of both my trunk and doors made when we were together and never gave them back to me.

Reply to
Mariann

Reply to
Mariann

It is still illegal for him to enter your car without your permission. When you get the police involved, ask them to get your keys back. And be sure to get copies of the police reports for when you sue the jerk.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I am going to get the police on his butt. But, I still need some answers to my questions. How do I find out what he is doing that only takes less then a minute that makes my car not start? Under the hood and under the trunk he's been. Thanks.

Reply to
Mariann

You can tell him, through your Dad (if he's the kind that doesnt loose control only)or demand that the Police see him, and tell him that they know he has your keys and has been seen interfering with your car. You have the witness at work. Then ask him to return them, or the better way is to tell him as he hasnt returned the keys, he will be billed for the cost of changing the locks, the costs of starting your car, and other legal costs that may be required. The photo camera sounds good if you have someone do this for you, preferably someone who he doesn't know. It helps if you know some bikies perhaps..... (grin!)

Reply to
Jonno

I am going to get the police on his butt. But I still need some answers to my questions. How do I find out what he is doing that only takes less than a minute that makes my car not start? Under the hood and under the trunk he's been.

Thanks. ____________________________________________

How do you find out what he is doing? Just ask him.

When you have him arrested, ask the police to bring him to your car before taking him to jail, to show you exactly what he did and to show you how to undo it. Also, sue him for all of the costs you incurred.

But you won't have him arrested. Nor will you sue him. You are having too much fun keeping the drama going. You are his primary enabler because you keep rewarding him by communicating with him every time he commits another act of vandalism to get your attention.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Crikey, arent you the psychologist. Shel'l do what she has to. Interfering with a vehicle is a criminal offence. I would make sure he gets what he deserves. As a lesson to other morons.

Reply to
Jonno

Restraining order? Seems to reliably send a message and should stop him before he acts again. Plus no confrontation as it is delivered by a 3rd party. I had a friend once who installed a Model T coil (or Model A??) on his new '65 Impala, & by his pushing a universal starter switch when out-of-town bullies leaned on or sat on his car, they suddenly found seats elsewhere. OH, What a shame you couldn't get such a movie of that! (**DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!**) Hope rest. order solves it for you. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Troll.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

There is a law against stalking, and thats what he's doing...

Call the cops...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

Change your locks, call the police, and/or beat this guy over the head with a cast iron frying pan.

Reply to
Frank from Deeetroit

Who helps you get it started when its been interfered with? Ask them. There are a few things like pulling a wire out of the battery that would create this problem.

Reply to
Jonno

If he is under there less than a minute, he is disconnecting the wire harness from the distributor, or unplugging the coil so that it wont fire... Anything else would require removing something to get to it, and therefore increase the amount of time to disable your vehicle...

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech