Does any car dealer give out maintenance DVD with a new car purchase?

Does any car dealer give out maintenance how-to DVD with a new car purchase? I will buy a new car from that dealer or brand.

That shows how much they want you to take care of the car and be knowledgeable and be in control.

Reply to
Kan

Never heard of one out side the normal owner's manual type. My 91 TransAM GTA came with a book and CD owner's manual. My 85 Camaro dealer also did the computer tracking and sent me notices of when oil changes were due, etc.

Otherwise, Rolls Royce was about the best. You bought one and they kept track of all the maintenance, AND, if your car broke down, they would fly in a mechanic with all the tools and parts needed to fix the problem.

Reply to
Spike

They give you these things called owners manuals, they have everything they could put on a DVD, you open them and read them, they tell you all about your car, YDB.

Reply to
Scott

"all about your car", huh? My Focus manual even recommends dealer service to change light bulbs.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

There is obviously some maintenance you can do yourself, YDB.

Reply to
Scott

My point is that anything they tell you how to do in the owners' manual does not require explanation. Checking oil, brake, tranny fluid levels and changing lightbulbs is not rocket science. They do not tell you how to do even routine maintenance like changing the oil in a modern automobile manual.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

I doubt it Since the DVD that the dealers use cost as much as a used car and it can only be use using when connected to the manufactures website and it is not available to anyone that cannot afford the price tag or know what he/she is looking for. I have seen mechanics with 20 years exp scratching their heads over where to look for the solution to their promblem and then still do what they have done for the last 15 years to solve it.

Reply to
esteli