I'm having multiple problems with my '96 Taurus and it hit me this
morning that they all might be related. Note I know very little about
cars, but am technically minded
1. heater problems: I get hot air in vent mode, but not from floor -
I changed the thermostat myself and it didn't seem to help.
2. OBD code P0402 - EGR Flow Excessive
3. OBD code P0761 - Shift Solenoid C Perf or Stuck
4. OBD code (forget) - Oxygen Sensor - replaced myself - code stopped
occuring - but started getting EGR code a few days later
I'm wondering if all or some of these could related and due to "low
vacuum pressure". I thought the heater problem could be an air flap
that is vacuum powered, the shift solenoid may be vacuum powered - hmmm
- by definition I guess a "solenoid" is electrically/magnetically
powered, could EGR code be due to loss of vacuum? Thanks.