escort stutters under WOT

if I accelerate by gradually pressing the gas pedal, and reach WOT gradually, everything is OK, but if I suddenly go to WOT the car stutters a few times while revs are going up...

It's not a big deal, but I would like to get it fixed.

Fuel pressure is 3bar, MAP is new, lambda sensor new, fuel filter new, air filter new.

I'm guessing injector(s) are dirty, or fuel pressure regulator faulty.

the car is Escort '91 105Hp, petrol, 1.6 8V

any opinons or advice appreciated. thanks.

Plugs and wires good too?

but it's symptomatic of coil breaking down... early stages... should get progressively worse, quickly

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

If the plugs or wires have been changed recently, suspect a bad wire.... If the boots are removed from the plugs improperly, the fabric core of the wire can be damaged... While the damage will not be immediately evident, the broken ends of the conductor will gradually erode and leave a gap that the spark cannot bridge.

Reply to
Jim Warman

it got a lot worse as the weather got colder... replaced HT cables, its a-ok now.