f350 stuck throttle cont & gas tank removal/repair

This wasn't a very interesting post to begin with, and it's still not

In regards to my own previous post, the problem seems to have fixed it's self I did spray some cleaner/lubricant on the mechanisim on top of the throttle body and worked it in. Everything seems OK now.

I have also run the truck out of gas in hopes to ease a gas tank removal. It has two tanks, and the front one had a hole in it when I got the truck, and had not been used in some time.

When I drop the tank, fill it up with water, and find the hole(s) will the cheap gas tank repair kits/jb weld be ok or should I have it welded? I know a welder, but I don't want to ask a favor if I don't have to. the tanks are metal btw

any special considerations, or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

EAP

Reply to
DodgeVanGogh

Cost of a non leaking fully functional exact replacement used tank from your local truck wrecking yard should be about $75.00 with the pump, pickup and sending unit.

I would just replace it.

Reply to
351CJ

DodgeVanGogh opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Noone in their right mind is going to weld it, water or not.

If the hole is in the top, as you imply, you're probably going to find the rust is widespread

if it isnt, the j-b weld will be fine... If you clean it properly ....but then you have to get the water AND the bits of metal and rust out of the tank.

Salvage yard tank for me. then fill the old one with water and chop a big hole in it, so that a scrapmetal yard will take it as they can see it is totally dry

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

First of all it's bitch to get the rusted straps off. Don't aggravate yourself with trying to repair it unless you can do the repair without taking the tank off.

I got a 2 tank 1994 F350 and I have g>This wasn't a very interesting post to begin with, and it's still not >

Reply to
X-Eliminator