false "full" reading on fuel gage

the fuel gage on my 199 ford Ranger 4x4 v6 reads "full" all the time. Is this an easy fix?

Reply to
rubusy

Michael Bowden

Depending on how the gage works, something is either an open circuit or shorted to ground, assuming the gage itself hasn't failed. Try tracing out the wiring as best you can to look for damage before dropping the thank to change the sender.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Much easier to take the bed off. You can leave the tank in place while changing the unit. I had a similar situation, one of the electrical connectors on the top of the tank was corroded. Mine was a '94, but should be similar.

Reply to
mcalister