Ford breaks promise of Hybrids?

Apparently Ford Motor Co. Chairman and CEO Bill Ford Jr has stated Ford is moving away from hybrids and looking more toward flex-fuel and alternative fuels.

I. Care

Reality set in. It seems to me that Bill Ford is a typical mind dead trend following bozo. Toyota builds hybrids, press loves hybrids, we must build hybrids, ignore reality, whoops....

The Prius is an over priced gadget ladened gimmick. It appeals to the sort of person who needs the latest cell phone, or a video i-pod, or whatever cool sounding thing the press loves this week. Unfortunately for Ford, no matter how good a hybrid they build, the press is not likely to faun over it like they do over anything Toyota manages to cobble together from parts / designs they buy / borrow from other companies. Ford should concenrtrate on building good cars and supportign their Customers and quit tying to apease the Consumer Reports crowd. Bill Ford wants to be an environemtalist, but he also wants to "save" Ford. He needs to quit trying to look good in the press, and actually run Ford.

On the other hand, Ford has at least two cars that people seem to like. In the latestest JD Powers Customer Satisfaction Survey the Mustang and Fusion were tops in their class.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You forgot to mention the terrific resale value of the Mustang. I just sold my loaded 2005 GT convertible, with 16K on the clock for $30,000, $1,700 MORE than I paid for it in 2005. The MSRP when I bought it was $30,600 and I paid around $28,300. I bought a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible, MSRP $31,700 and I paid $29,500. I did a trade through of the 2005 for the 2007, at the dealership to the buyer at $27,300, (NADA average wholesale) to save state sales tax. My total sales price with sales tax, title and transfer fees. $3,500. Total deprecation for me to move up two years, $1,800 ;)

mike hunt

.
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Off topic but I saw today in the Sears parking lot a late model Mustang GT Saleen, bright red. It looked a lot different on the front and rear ends and had a stock body kit all around. Looked pretty cool, much different than the regular stock GT. I'd like to know if they did anything different with the motor, like a stock turbo or supercharger.

Reply to
sleepdog

There are several different models. The base model at 330hp, two supercharged models 435hp, and the extreme 550hp.

I. Care

I don't know, it was red so maybe is was the S281 Extreme? Nice! Thanks for the link.

Reply to
sleepdog