Ford Contour 96 timing belt changed and now pulley

Hi , I got my car's timing belt changed less than a month back and now the mechanic is saying that the problem is in the pulley that holds the belt. I am worried becoz i am thinking that can it happen that mechanic didn't see the bad pulley while putting the new belt in? He is chargind me another $400 for the new pulley.

Reply to
Punit