ford countur/mercury mystique nut

Is there anybody who knows what size socket should I buy to remove rear hub assembly (nut on rear axles) in mercury mystique/ford contour 1995.
Or where would I find this information. Regards, Jaromir
Jaromir Jakacki wrote:

i checked my 96 ford CD service manual on the contour and it did not mention a size of the bolt, but did say "DO NOT USE an impact wrench on it as it will damage the hub and the bearing." go to www.contour.org and ask the same question, i am sure someone there can answer the     question from personal experience.....

Poor man's caliper, adjust the jaws of an adjustable wrench to the size of the nut and measure with a ruler.
Bill
(...)

Sure, do it the easy, smart way.
Jeff

Jeff wrote:

I have tried to measure this size, but I don't have proffesional tools. My result is 32 mm, but between 32 mm and 1+1/4 in. is very small difference. 1+1/4 = 31.75 mm. I visited ford dealer and asked clerk. He went to mechanic and told that it is 30 mm. So what size of the socket should I buy??. I'm sure that it is not 30 mm. Regards, Jaromir

of
Can you buy a 30 mm one and take it back and a 32 mm one if it doesn't work?
Jeff