Help with parts, and two sockets sizes and torque value on nuts

I have a 1988 Jeep Wrangler and it appears that I have to change both from hubs. I see that these hubs for this year jeep come from the factory preassembled and with the seals in place. The are going to cost me $136.05 each. So there goes a bunch of money, but that is not my only problem. It appears that I do not have a six point socket to remove the hub nuts nor to I have a torx socket big enough to remove the three torx bolts that hold the hub in place. So my very first questions are, what size is this socket for the nut and what size is the torx. My next question is, what torque value do I torque the hub nuts too. My book said 175 foot pounds. I find that hard to believe. If anyone knows the answer to these questions please tell me so that I can buy these tolls before I start the tear down.

Thanks

Reply to
nvrpc

L.W.(ßill)

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Actually I wonder if you could do break that nut loose with the jeep on the ground since that whole assembly is going to be replaced anyway.

Reply to
DougW

These so called 13mm 12 point bolts on my jeep are in fact torx bolts. Are they 18mm torx or did you use a 12 pt socket to get these torx off instead of buying the torx socket?

Reply to
nvrpc