FORD CURRIER/HOOD

Hi There, Does anyone out there know how to fix a hood that came flying up all the way to the windshield when I was driving? I had to take apart the windshield wipers and then gently use a crow bar to ease it over the wiper posts to get it down. It doesn't go all the way down or all the way to the front. I just tied it down. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated, greatly. Thanks in advance. animalgirl

Reply to
animalgirl

Two choices: new one or go to salvage yard & try to find one .. bamp

Reply to
bamp

And fix the hood latch....

Reply to
Jim Warman

If you don't care what it looks like and don't want to spring for a junkyard one, which might be hard to find, you need to straighten what you have. You could beat it back with a huge hammer. Sometimes a torch makes the metal bend easier. It might also be easier if you took the hood off so you could lay it on the ground, pavement, lawn, or whatever to hammer it. And make sure to straighten the mounting brackets if bent. I suppose the bend in the hood is right at the bracket area, leaving the rest of the hood straight. You should be able to tell when you have the bend corrected. Another idea, with the hood removed, would be to wedge the back end into something strong like a 6" gap in two cyclone fence posts or a brick wall. Then use you body to force the front of the hood against bend. I still think you would end up hammering it to get it functional.

Reply to
Al Bundy