Ford E-350 heater core diagram?

Hi, I just brought a 350 Van from my Brother in law, in Florida He ha a leak at the core so he disconnected. I am in NJ and I am trying t put back. I Know one hose goes to water pump and the othe at th Block. Does any one has a diagram that shows where exactly the connect. I have tryed Chiltons and Hayens manual but have had n help. Any input will be greatly appreciate

Reply to
Ad5683

"Ad5683" wrote

1 - What year? 2 - Are the hoses or nipples different sizes? Often 3/4" on one, 5/8" on the other.
Reply to
MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster opined in news:s21Od.12110$K54.4698@edtnps84:

Look for a coworker who might have the same configuration in a truck or van.

Remember this:

  1. If heater core nipples are same size, attach the hose from Thermostat area to BOTTOM nipple - otherwise air pocket in core

  1. Use a flow restrictor in the above line - avail at dealer

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Just a week ago, I had the in-dash heater core out, in my '98 Club Wagon, which in many ways resembles an E-150 cargo van. There was a 3/4" tube and a 5/8" tube on my core. The hoses for this were custom shaped, with quick-connect fittings to the heater core. If your heater core tubes have bosses on them, that implies that a quick-connect fitting is expected.

I also have heat in the passenger area, with a radiator along the rear left passenger compartment in this passenger van. Perhaps a true cargo van lacks a heater along the left side of the van, like mine. So my plumbing might be different than yours. But the behind-the-dash heater core that I removed, and re-installed, is served by coolant lines that emanate from the rear of the engine, not the front where the water pump is. They are "complicated," not like the simple heater hoses of yesteryear.

"MasterBlaster"

Reply to
Jerry