Ford Escape Transmission Blown

I have an 01 ford escap 3.0 fwd with 73k with squeeling tie rod ends but there are no after market parts availible yet and the factory ones are $60 a piece and are non greaseable. Well on top of the sqeeling i have noticed a pop, just one, when turning left or right and accelerating slowly. Well i got concerned when it got louder so i checked the front end and every thing was tight. Took it for a test drive and heard the pop when taking off from a stop and turning left mostly. When i stopped and and did tight circles to the left at a bout 10mph the trans poped radomly and the case cracked. Now the trans has leaked all the fluid out and is 13k over warranty. Does any one know where i could get a reman trans for my escape? Im in Texas and have only one resorce but they have to have a rebuildable core and wont sell thier trans without a core so what do i do? Thanks for any input. Derek snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
TexasBadBoy

You check the internet and see if there are TSBs for the transmission problem.

In addition, you might be able to buy just the case without the guts from Ford. You can also try going to a junkyard and getting a transmission. I realise the truck is only 4 years old, but they get into crashes, like every other vehicle. And a lot of them are turnovers, which means the transmission is fine.

I think the same engine is used in the Ford Ranger and maybe some Mazdas (besides the Tribute). Maybe the transmission is shared, as well, and the parts are more available.

If you get a rebuilt transmission, you can usually buy a rebuilt and just not return a core. Of course, you will get charged for the core.

You might also talk to the service manager at the dealer. They often have programs where Ford will pay for part of the repairs. You can also go to the factory rep.

Good luck.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

877-626-8726 This site has a pile of links:
grab your computer, a phone & a case of cold beverages, In an afternoon of calling you'll find yourself more than you need at a reasonable price.

Reply to
Some ga

Here are the tie rod ends:

?mfrcode=MOO&mfrpartnumber=EV424&parttype=81&ptset=A I found 8 transmissions in Texas alone at:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1