Ford Escort Idling Problems

I have an 94 Ford Escort (Fuel Injected) that's giving me a bit of problems. It starts fine cold but when I start it warm it idles so low when I rev the engine a bit in park/neutral that it almost stalls.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea what this is. I was doing some reading today and I believe it's the Idle Air Control valve? Do you think this may be the culprit or do you think it may be something else.

Thanks in advance Rob

Reply to
Rob

We experienced a problem where our 93 escort would not idle correctly, it seemed to surge at IDLE and would almost stall, especially when warm. Found a leak in the line from the PCV line at the manifold, The connector TEE had deteriorated.

Regards, Stan

Rob wrote:

Reply to
Stan

Thanks. I'm gonna go look for that tomorrow.

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
dmtaurus

================= Check the throttle bore too. If its nasty clean it as well.

Reply to
Scott

Reply to
dmtaurus

==================== Yes, BUT, If it is dirty then the coating is not working so.......you have to clean it :)

Reply to
Scott M

If mine were dirty I would ignore that warning. I think it's so they can sell more IAC's. On my 1984 Escort GT they were made to be easily cleaned.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Wow thanks for all the help. I'm going to look at things tonight when I get home I'll let you guys know what I find.

Reply to
Rob