I have a 98 Ford Escort Wagon LX, which has given me starting
problems, both times after going through a Car Wash. The engine
doesn't crank, the battery looks good (all lights are bright).
Boosting the car doesn't help ofcourse. After leaving the car for 2 -
10 hours, the car STARTS up.
This is what I have done so far.
- Cleaned Battery Terminals
- Tried Changing from Park to Neutral back to Part and tried to start
thinking it would be neutral/park sensor. No Cigar.
- Checked Ground to chasis...its fine.
Again, as mentioned, it starts up after 2 - 10 hours, so I am thinking
it is moisture related, but not sure where. I have heard some people
mentioning cable going to starter relay? Not sure what the problem
could be. Anyone experience similar problem?