Ford Focus?? Good car or Nightmare!

I'm thinking about buying a used 2000 focus ZX3. Its a sharp little car at a great price with relatively low kms. It has 60,000Km's and I can purchase it for $9,400 CDN.

I was what other thoughts and opinions are of this car ?

thanks in advance.!

paul.

Reply to
Need Stuff

There's been much discussion of the Focus in the following NGs under the Dodge Omni question: (sorry- I don't know how to link you - just go back to the main "autos" discussion page) rec.autos.makers.chrysler " " " .honda " " " .saturn Apparently, the early ones were a problem; the second generation (beginning 2000 I think) were much better. Check Edmunds.com for prices.

Reply to
rschng

For American readers, that's 37,290 miles, $6,774 US

Reply to
Lee K

Sorry, without seeing, inspecting, and driving the car it would be impossible for me, or anyone else in a NG for that matter, to give you and educated recommendation as the whether you should purchase that particular vehicle or not. My I suggest you find a knowledgeable technician in your area who can inspect and drive the car to help you in making your decision?

mike hunt

Need Stuff wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Reply to
Need Stuff

If you will re-read what I posted, I believe you will find that will be the best advice you will get from this or any NG. The good or bad experiences of others have nothing to do with that vehicle, the one you should happen to buy, since yours could be the exact opposite of what you hear from others. Make your decision on that one particular vehicle you are considering, WBMA

mike hunt

Need Stuff wrote:

Reply to
StonyRhoads