Ford KA Heater blowing cold...

Hi,

I have a Ford KA 2000/W. The heater has suddenly started blowing cold to luke warm air as apposed to the normal skin burning heat.

I have checked the fuses and they all seem ok. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Mark opined in news:3fae286e$0$469$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com:

coolant level

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
<rusto11

Reply to
steve

Thanks Guys...

I'll check the coolant levels first, as its the easiest.

Not knowing a great deal about auto heaters. Could someone please explain to me how it all works. From opening the flap on the dash, to where the heat is actually coming from. If the problem is the heater control valve, where is it located and is it easily accessible???

Many thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

the heater control valve is located behind the bulkhead in the engine bay... you will see 2 heater pipes coming from the engine going through the bulkhead panel, just behind this panel is the valve unit. the hot/cold dial on the dash controls the solenoid in the valves to open or close the valves to either let coolant from the engine through, or restrict it..

Reply to
steve

Cheers Steve.

Thanks for that. Would you like to come and fit the part for me. Ha-ha...

I have been given a quote of £32.34 + VAT for the valve. Is it easily accessible or does it involve removing the dash?

How long do you reckon it would take?

Reply to
Mark

Steve,

I have posted another message in this NG today, regarding the same car reving its nuts off when you dip the clutch. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

no it doesnt involve removing the dash, if you lift the bonnet it is located where the windscreen wiper motor is, you may have to remove a couple of panals to gain access, but if you have some tools and a few hours to spare, no reason why you couldnt do it yourself.

Reply to
steve

Cheers Steve.

I'll be picking up a copy of the Haynes manual for this car tomorrow. Hopefully there will be some guidance in there as well.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

  • good luck.....

Reply to
steve

Update as promised...

I have replaced the offending part (HCV) Heater Control Valve, and all is well. Just in time for the frost.

It was a bit of a pain to get to, but relatively straight forward.

Many thanks for all the advise.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to