No heat blowing out of heaters

Hi All.

My X300 has stopped blowing any warm air out of the heaters. Temperature is at normal and fans turn on, indicating that the t'stat is working OK. All of the water pipes in the engine bay seem warm. Any ideas???

Cheers

Reply to
Ian Hudson-Lloyd

There's an electric, auxillary pump to circulate the coolant through the heat exchanger. It's located on the driver's side of the engine, in front, just below the thermostat; it's about the size of a grapefruit and has two hoses coming out the back. The motor probably needs the brushes replaced - but Jaguar doesn't offer them. A new one costs in excess of $300. You might try to take it so a small electric motor repair shop; perhaps they have some brushes to fit. I live in Phoenix and can handle those 45 degree cold mornings without a heater.

Reply to
azrgbroker