ford mondeo fault with fuel gauge

Does anyone know whats wrong with my fuel gauge it sticks at full all the time?if any one can help it would be great!!

Reply to
alanmichmel

Take out the sensor, and unplug its connector.

It's on the top of the gas tank, should be accessible in the trunk (that's in my Contour, based on the same design as your car)

See if it still registers full.

Could be a stuck floater, a short in the electrical system, or a bad gauge.

Reply to
El Bandito