Ford Windstar Test Drive Questions

I had someone come over to my home tonight to look at a 99 windstar we are selling. They speak Chinese, so I wasn't able to figure out exactly what they were saying.

They looked at the tailpipe and the dripping from it. One of them stuck his fingers in as far as he could and was checking the water. Was he just checking to see that it was condensation and not engine coolant?

Also, they turned the engine on, and took the oil cap off and put his palm over the opening. I assume he was checking to see how dirty the oil was. Any other thoughts about what they were doing here?

--mike

Reply to
Mbt6

They were spys. Report them to Homeland Security.

Reply to
sleepdog

But they run the best Chinese take out in the valley.....spy's don't make good food.

Reply to
Mbt6

The palm over the oil filler hole would be a poor mans way of checking blow-by. Finger up the tailpipe would be loking for signs of oiling... pretty useless since catalytic converters have pretty much solved that clue to engine condition.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sounds like a reasonable check to me - ethylene glycol from a blown head gasket would be very noticeable there, and if it went through a cold catalyst you could probably smell it.

Blowby would be visible or cause pulsing. PCV blocked would not have a slight vacuum in the crankcase. Hey, if you don't have tools it's better, and probably more accurate, than reading tea leaves.

Good Chinese food in Ogden UT? Pfft, that's nothing. ;-) (I'm not psychic, BTW - "tracert 67.177.22.120" )

From what I'm told, if you want a real miracle you try finding good Mexican food anywhere in Utah or Oregon - I've had relatives and friends in both. Some places try substituting bread for tortillas, and the salsa is just ketchup and diced tomatoes that have never been anywhere near a jalapeno pepper, let alone a tomatillo - scary...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

EXACTLY!!! See how easily then can trick unsuspecting citizens?

Reply to
sleepdog

ok...on the Mexican food thing - go to Blue Agave in Baltimore, MD. That place rocks.

yeah, I know. On the Windstar, I concur with the other guys.

Reply to
GMach3