gm?????

why is everybody so freakin obsessed with gm??? this is a FORD newsgroup, not a garbage motors newsgroup

Reply to
Tom

GMs are not that bad.

Besides, the ills that affect GM also affect Ford, like the pension and health care costs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

but this is still a FORD newsgroup. if i want to read about garbage motors, i would go to a newsgroup for garbage motors.

Reply to
Tom

Possibly because each of the Big Three are facing the same economic issues, only GM is getting hit a little harder. Ford is by no means running well at the moment.

Got nothing to do if one prefers Ford cars over GM, the business issues are generally the same for each of the Big Three.

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeetroit

The same reason so many people hate the NY Yankees. Where your team is not as good the only thing you can do is hate those that are better. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Most of the posters are import buyers that love to go into other NGs a denigrate the other brands. They are just trying to justify to themselves, why they spent so much more to buy their import, now that they realize their car is no better than any of the other brands. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

1) GM is not "Garbage Motors." They make some good cars and trucks. 2) If you are not interested in a particular thread, you can ignore it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Really? Prove that their car is not any better than any of the other brands.]

If GM products are so good, how can other car makers sell any cars?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Who said imports do not make good vehicles? All manufactures today are building good reliable vehicles. The reason people by imports is because the people that buy them think they are better, obviously. The fact remains far more buyers believe GM makes better stuff since the buy millions more of them every year. The same reason they buy more Ford and Chrysler vehicles every year than any import ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It is true that imports are really not much better if better at all. A lot of it is the old addage that others peoples ice are colder than someone elses. My brothers wifes Mazda has literally fallen apart before there eyes,

2 transmissions already and I dont think it even has 130 miles on it yet. I when riding in it sounds like its falling apart with the rattles. I think its a 96 model MX6 or something like that. My mother had a Toyota Camary 1982 or 83, that car stayed in the shop, she got so sick of it and sold it to the mechanic. I personally have a 97 Pontiac with 129k miles which is still nice and tight and rattle free, the only problem I had was an Intake water gasket failure at about 80k miles. Other than that just regular maintenance and very dependable. I dont see any foreign cars in my near future.
Reply to
Kwazy Wabbit

There is an interesting true story about the guy that bought the very first

2006 Mercury Milan.. The guy was traveling when his 2003 Camry broke down on one of the interstates. He was towed to the local Toyota dealership where they told him his tranny had crashed. Since he was out of warranty the dealers suggested he trade it so he could continue his journey. He drove a loaded 2006 V6 Camry and was offered a trade price. The dealer was dueled with Lincoln/Mercury and there was a truck dropping of new Mercurys and the guy spotted the new Milan and asked for a test drive. He ended up buying the loaded V6 Milan and saved himself over $5,000 in the process. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

My brother has a 93 Honda Civic that has run without any problems for 15 years. It has 141,000 mi on it.

I have 97 Contour that has run near flawlessly for 127,000 mi. So far, all I had to replace was one CV joint, both front bears and brakes about 4 times. I also replace the oil every 10,000 mi or so with Mobil 1.

My dad's 94 Olds LSS 88 had a bad transmission that had to be replaced after warranty. He finally got rid of it at 80 k mi after the left rear suspension broke away from the body. The wheel was running at an angle. It had to be put on a roll-back. It was welded, but it never handled properly after that.

My uncle had a 75 Toyota Corolla. He got rid of it with 158,000 mi on it. He change the oil about 10 times.

The point is that there are anecdotes. The plural of anecdotes is not data. With these anecdotes, we won't get at the truth, whatever it is. Basically, both American and imported cars are good enough.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

I hadn't heard that, but cool story. This thread is about GM and all their failings, but the story illustrates a good point. As gm's share of the market and sales continue to fall, part of the problem is they may have a high perceived value, but not necessarily styling, or whatever, that people want to drive.

I had an accord (2003) that I loved. I'd also love a camry... HOWEVER, for the money I'd get a Fusion. Is it quite as wonderful as my accord.. no. (the dash primarily), but it is an excellent car in all respects and cheaper.

With product like that, I buy american. AND, Ford's continues steps to produce good, reliable, durable, stylish cars are why I've (in broad terms, of course) changed from a GM-guy to a Ford-guy.

JP

Reply to
Jon Patrick

GM = good motor in the 91.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 36,921 91 Bonneville LE 306,353
Reply to
Harry Face