Had Oil Pan Gasket changed, now AC no longer works

I took my car to midas to have the oil pan gasket changed. The next day I tried my air conditioner and it didn't blow out cold air. My headlights briefly flicker for a second when I turn the control knob to AC (which it always has), just no cold air.

Is it possible Midas forgot to rehook the AC compressor cord when they changed the oik pan gasket? Or do you think this is totally unrelated?

The AC worked fine before I brought it in for service. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Morgan

just bring it back in and ask them to put it on the lift and see if maybe the loosed it by mistake when pulling the pan down... it will take them about 5 minutes to check this out.....

Reply to
jim

Turns out they changed the filter 4 times and it still leaked leaked oil from the oil pan gasket. I even had to take it to Ford once because Midas incorrectly tried to say it was a "Rear Seal". Ford said, no its not, its the oil pan gasket.

Bottom line: Turned out that Ford put out a Service Bulletin 3 months prior that stated a new type of gasket and bolts had to be used. They even prescribed glue to hold it in place. Midas admitted they should have checked the service bulletin software they have before performing the work. I would have thought they would have checked it before having to do it for the 4th time. I was going to try to get reimburssed from Midas for the $ I spent at Ford for diagnosing the correct problem, but I choose not to since the admitted they forgot to check and it was their fault. I respect that, everybody can make mistakes.

Reply to
Jamie Morgan