heya backyard!

I know you're familiar with these birds, so I thought I'd ask you this specifically.. when I first got my car (90 tbird LX), going through the routine of making it mine, I ran into the 2 plastic electronic boxes under my rear dash.. the one I was disconnecting being my stock amplifier, and was told the other was the ABS computer.. I believed it for about a day, but the car has no ABS. No ABS light behind the space on the cluster, no second contact in the fusebox for the ABS fuse.. So then what in the heck was that second box anyway?

Reply to
Brian

No idea.. despite driving them for 5 years, never been under the dash.

Closest I came was jumping the OIL press resistor back of cluster to put in a real sender.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You might want to try asking your question on rec.audio.car. There are lots of stereo installers that can answer questions there.

Reply to
I. Care

Does it have automatic ride control? IIRC that module is also located in the same area. Bob

Reply to
Bob

My 95 LX 4.6 has a black platic box in the trunk, under the package tray. I think it has something to do with the electronic traction control. Not sure what it is in the 1990 model year.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

In mine (91 SC), their is a big black box under the rear dash. It controll the ABS and the suspension ("Automatic Ride Control"). Do you have adjustable suspensions?

Reply to
Pascal Boivin