'93 Nissan ABS problem...please help

I own a 1993 Maxima. Last night the ABS light came on, but the brakes were fine. When I turned off the engine, there was an electronic sound coming from under the hood. It sounded like an electric motor running. This ran the battery down overnight. This morning, I jump started the car and everything worked great and has all day. No ABS light or noise from the engine compartment. I'm stumped! Can anyone shed some light on this? What can I do to stop it from running down the battery short of disconnecting it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, David

Reply to
Momentum

I have a suggestion, if it's like my 92 max, you should look for the flashing error code on the ABS computer under the rear deck in the trunk. On my 92, it would not remember the failure code once the ABS light went off, and of course it was off each time I went to service. The code helped get it fixed (In my case a bad ABS relay up front.)

Gary K

Reply to
gary