How do we classify SUVs?

> A nurse aid should been driving a Corolla, not a Tundra, by my > > profile.

> > > Something is changing in this country where even the poorest workers > > want to drive an SUV! > > Nothing wrong with them wanting one, if they can come up with the $$$ > then it is their right. If they want others to pay for it, they can go > to hell.

Maybe they even trade drugs to get one, huh?

How do we classify SUVs?

1- Big Lion SUV (for lawyers and "movers and shakers," mostly European) 2- Red Neck SUV (for you know who, double wheel) 3- Gang SUV (big flashy rims, mostly Cadillac)

The whole thing is so sexy and yet so deadly...

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Never go into the jungle without an SUV or bazooka"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

All women drivers of SUVs are afraid of their SUVs.

Reply to
edspyhill01

I think it's a "beauty and beast" thing, where the SUV is the beauty.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Basically as 4,000 pounds of steel and aluminum usually piloted by a woman talking on a cell phone, who got her license at WalMart*

Reply to
Hachiroku

Who buys Toyota Land Crushers? I think 1 and 3, but not 2 (rednecks).

I think they are also preferred by Christians, who just buy what the other people at church buy. Middle class Christians vs. lower class Christians who drive Corollas.

Well, not all SUVs mean the same thing.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

"Double wheel"? "DOUBLE WHEEL"?

Errmmmm... Mr. Expert... could you mean "dual wheel"?

Semantics aside... we have those that need the towing capacity of a truck, the seating capacity of a sedan or bigger, the ground clearance/frame rigidity to traverse unfriendly ground and/or cargo space.... or any combination of these attributes... The world is not made up of paved roads and Walmart parking lots. I present

for your viewing pleasure. Spring break up (not to be confused with spring break) can hit fast and hard in the northern Alberta oilpatch. People will continue to buy SUVs and such because of different reasons... they want to.... they can... they need them.

Does this mean your focus is being drawn away from Toyota?

Reply to
Jim Warman

I meant this...

Toyota is only a small part of the problem. Just another fish in the big scheme of things where predators rule the way dinosaurs did...

I once asked an astute boat captain why the big fish ate the little fish and he replied, "BECAUSE THEY CAN!"

I don't doubt your capacity to do what you want and even destroy the Earth... because you can.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

A one ton is small potatoes... I'd love to have something like that to pull my holiday trailer.... not in my financial cards right now...

What should stick in your craw is something like

And, in the FWIW department, I would bet that I am far more environmentally friendly that you are... People that buy "environemtally friendly" cars are more interested in low fuel costs than they are in "clean air"... These are the people more inclined to remove catalytic converters and other exhaust treatments or to attempt defeating other emissions controls in the name of "thrifty". These people make me ill...

My pick up truck (2002 F150 SuperCrew 4X4) earned a ULEV rating for it's model year... Education time...

ULEV is Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle... Tailpipe emissions are low compared to EPA guidelines... Evaporative emissions are low compared to EPA guidelines... But you, and so many like you think that "low emissions" = great gas mileage... Not so.

Clean air and high fuel economy are, with current technology, mutually exclusive... getting better.. but still not great. We can improve fuel mileage.... but the cost will include more air pollution mostly in the form of smog.... do a little research... You can't see it from the git-go so I will forgive you your youth... Low fuel consumption does not automatically bestow low emissions.

A major part of the problem is "watermelons".... people that are green on the outside but, in reality, all they are looking for is cheap energy. They buy a Prius (well, hopefully it is actually a Fusion or Escape Hybrid) looking to reduce their energy costs... not their energy dependance.

How much pollution will be created in the manufacture or recycling of traction batteries?

So many environmentalists base their ideals on mistaken or misbegotten ideoligy... they aren't "environmentalists".. they are cheap bastards and they are more likely to foul the air we breathe and destroy the soil we walk on more readily that many others...

We have mixed several terms... good fuel mileage isn't low emissions... and thrifty isn't environmentally friendly..

Something that has been niggling at me... you said your girlfriend is running away from a boring loser? If she is your girlfriend, is it you she is running away from? And if it isn't you she is running away from, how could she be your girlfriend? And if she is your girlfriend, how does she deal with your fixation on your exwife?

You. young sir, are a basket case.....

I meant this...

Toyota is only a small part of the problem. Just another fish in the big scheme of things where predators rule the way dinosaurs did...

I once asked an astute boat captain why the big fish ate the little fish and he replied, "BECAUSE THEY CAN!"

I don't doubt your capacity to do what you want and even destroy the Earth... because you can.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, I'm staying in the cage lately, which allows me plenty of time to wonder about the mysteries of life...

In any case, how can I tell the 95% who drive SUVs recklessly, PHONE IN HAND, from serious guys like you?

Have you earned a special license, like a truck license to drive such Supersized Unnecessary Vehicles?

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Thus leading to the full ton extended bed crew cab dually. Add a cap and you've got a fine SUV-killer. (OK, I actually don't know if you can get all of that in one vehicle)

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

Have I "earned " a special licence to drive what kind of super sized unecessary vehicle (that's not even a cute play on words) . I told you I drive a half ton... Are you this thick in real life?

As far as "special" licence... I used to drive a semi for a while.... Unfortunately "special" may indicate "short bus" material... I'd be upset if they made me sit beside the window you used to lick...

Driving with phone in hand? Where did that suddenly come from and what does it have to do with anything up to this point? When the conversation starts to run away from you, obfuscate... right?

You don't live in your Moms basement by any chance, do you?

Reply to
Jim Warman

That you don't drive drunk doesn't take away the burden from drunk drivers...

Do you know that driving while on the phone is MORE dangerous than DUI. Imagine when you are behind the wheel of a behemoth.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with