How do you separate those electrical connectors?

Temp in the single digits. 11 year old Taurus.

How do you lift the locking bars on electrical connectors without snapping them off?

I may have a corroded terminal on my alternator (idiot light can be made to go on/off by wiggling cable to alternator), but know from EGR circuit repairs that these locking tabs are now brittle and break off if only slightly over-flexed.

The cold will only make them even more britttle.

Dave G.

Reply to
Dave G

Use a dental pick, you should be able to get one at a good hardware store.

Reply to
Michael O

I think you can buy an aftermarket or factory harness repair kit to replace that connector as i recall.

Also, if its a spade type terminal, sometimes you can clean it and carefully bend the edge of the contacts inward in the connector to put more pressure on the connections.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ