Escort - indicators

My Escort 1.6i LX 1996 (UK) indicators will not self cancel after a left turn, - right is ok. I understand this may be a common problem - how do I fix it?

Reply to
Goofy

Is the steering wheel centered when going straight? If it is by replacing the switch or cam. Most likely the switch. Take the covers off and look at what is happening when you turn on the turn signal and turn the wheel.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Thanks Thomas - wheel does appear to be level - I'll make some more obs as I use it (new to me yesterday).

Reply to
Goofy

This is done mechanically. If you take off the plastic cowl and take a look you will soon see the way it works ( or not ). It may have moved slightly

Reply to
RustY ©