How to get factory sticker or list of factory options for used car?

This afternoon I purchased a used 1998 Sable. I had gotten a Carfax report on it and it gave me a good deal of information. However, can anyone tell me how I could get the information that was on the factory sticker for this vehicle. There are many things I'd like to know about it that I don't such as option that are on the car like ABS or not, etc.. Can this be obtained from Ford or another source?

Thank You! Tim

Reply to
Tim Cottom

You can send ford and e-mail thru

and ask for a copy of the 'build sheet' for the vehicle. You will need to register your vehicle on the site. Be sure to include the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for the vehicle in your e-mail. They're not too fast getting back (1-2 wks) but eventually they will call you and saying they are snail mailing a copy.

Jay

(top posted for your convenience)

Reply to
Jay Britton

Ford used to put a copy of the build sheet on the backside of the back seat bottom cushion or back cushion, at least they did back in the late '80s to mid '90s.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke