I have a 2003 Ford Windstar with a rather serious problem.

I was driving home one night and lost steering, first in one front wheel while turning a corner and then the other literally just while finishing parking.
I was told the "motor carriage frame" had broken away from the body, that it was a known defect, and to talk to the dealer.
They said the vin number didn't match any of those noted on the recall so to talk to the company. I did and they say they won't cover it.
So, I'm looking for a used one. I've done multiple searches but no one calls it the motor carriage frame apparently.
What should I be searching for?
On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 16:23:24 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Front subframe. If you are looking for a good used one you'll almost have to look in the dry southwest
Thanks very, very much Clare. I was going nuts trying to figure out what to call it on my own and couldn't find a reference anywhere with what I was looking for.
As it turns out, my dad checked an auto recycling place today and they have one in almost new condition, which is probably a rarity as I live in a pretty humid area (Windsor Ontario, Canada).
Thanks much!
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:03:03 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

At least down there in the "banana belt" you don't get as much salt as up here in Waterloo