I have a 2003 Ford Windstar with a rather serious problem.

I was driving home one night and lost steering, first in one front wheel while turning a corner and then the other literally just while finishing parking.

I was told the "motor carriage frame" had broken away from the body, that it was a known defect, and to talk to the dealer.

They said the vin number didn't match any of those noted on the recall so to talk to the company. I did and they say they won't cover it.

So, I'm looking for a used one. I've done multiple searches but no one calls it the motor carriage frame apparently.

What should I be searching for?

Reply to
scotius

Front subframe. If you are looking for a good used one you'll almost have to look in the dry southwest

Reply to
clare

Thanks very, very much Clare. I was going nuts trying to figure out what to call it on my own and couldn't find a reference anywhere with what I was looking for.

As it turns out, my dad checked an auto recycling place today and they have one in almost new condition, which is probably a rarity as I live in a pretty humid area (Windsor Ontario, Canada).

Thanks much!

Reply to
scotius

At least down there in the "banana belt" you don't get as much salt as up here in Waterloo

Reply to
clare