Information on Contour or Escort

Hi, I am looking to buy a Ford Contour V6 engine or Escort wagon (model year ~

1997 and up). I am wondering if anyone could tell me if Duratec V6 engine from contour is reliable? Timing chain or belt? Have heard that this engine has issue with intake clogging (something with secondary flap...?)

Also how is Escort engine (Mazda engine or Ford?) Seen and have heard it is reliable transportation and the price of these two vehicles is within my budget.

Thx for the help in advance.

Reply to
Paul

I have had escort 1.9 and they are very solid and reliable 93/94/95 all ran good.

Reply to
ledpeddle
2 cups beef stock

Marinate meat (optional, not necessary with better cuts). Season liberally and lace with garlic cloves by making incisions, and placing whole cloves deep into the meat. Grease a baking pan, and fill with a thick bed of onions, celery, green onions, and parsley. Place roast on top with fat side up. Place uncovered in 500° oven for 20 minutes, reduce oven to 325°. Bake till medium rare (150°) and let roast rest. Pour stock over onions and drippings, carve the meat and place the slices in the au jus.

Bisque à l?Enfant

Honor the memory of Grandma with this dish by utilizing her good silver soup tureen and her great grandchildren (crawfish, crab or lobster will work just as well, however this dish is classically made with crawfish).

Stuffed infant heads, stuffed crawfish heads, stuffed crab or lobster shells; make patties if shell or head is not available (such as with packaged crawfish, crab, or headless baby). Flour oil onions bell peppers garlic salt, pepper, etc.

3 cups chicken stock 2 sticks butter 3 tablespoons oil

First stuff the heads, or make the patties (see index) then fry or bake. Set aside to drain on paper towels. Make a roux with butter, oil and flour, brown vegetables in the roux, then add chicken stock and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the patties or stuffed heads, and some loose crawfish, lobster, long piglet, or what h

Reply to
ledpeddle
2 hours Wrap the rolls: Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly - corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in, wrap till remaining corner is left. Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for a few minutes. Fry the rolls: 325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps. Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Lemon Neonate

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human, although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its

10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)

2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible) Olive oil Green onions Salt pepper cornstarch neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine) garlic parsley fresh cracked black pepper

Season and sauté the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove. Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit. Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock. Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce. You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets, top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper. Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand, you can use a pound of g

Reply to
David Shipman

I have a UK spec Mondeo 2.5 V6 hatchback 110000 miles on the clock relaible and very smooth does around 30 miles per UK gallon. (US and UK gallons ar NOT the same ISTR UK galls about 20% more than US)

I have seen posts to newsgroups about the wate pump fan blades failing (in US spec Contour or Taurus) and seriously messing up the engine (being aluminum it would heat up and get dmamaged rather quick without coolant) but I have no personal experience or know anyone who has had this trouble.

It is a tim>

Reply to
David Shipman

get rid of all the leftovers in your refrigerator.

1 - 2 lbs. cubed meat (human flesh, chicken, turkey, beef...) 1 -2 lbs. coarsely chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, turnips, cauliflower, cabbage...) Bell pepper onions garlic ginger salt pepper, etc. Olive oil butter

Brown the meat and some chopped onions, peppers, and garilic in olive oil, place in baking dish, layer with vegetables seasoning and butter. Bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes. Serve with hot dinner rolls, fruit salad and sparkling water.

Bébé Buffet 1

Show off with whole roasted children replete with apples in mouths - and babies? heads stuffed with wild rice. Or keep it simple with a hearty main course such as stew, lasagna, or meat loaf.

Some suggestions

Pre-mie pot pies, beef stew, leg of lamb, stuffed chicken, roast pork spiral ham, Cranberry pineapple salad, sweet potatoes in butter, vegetable platter, tossed salad with tomato and avocado, parsley new potatoes, spinich cucumber salad, fruit salad Bran muffins, dinner rolls, soft breadsticks, rice pilaf, croissants Apple cake with rum sauce, frosted banana nut bread sherbet, home made brownies Iced tea, water, beer, bloody marys, lemonade, coffee

The guests select food, beverages, silverware... everything from the buffet table. They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose. Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth

Reply to
Paul

I have a 99 Contour V6 with the Duratec and it has performed great for me. As another post suggests, I have heard that the water pump needs to be replaced well before 100,000 miles. I have 80,000 on my car and have had very few problems with it. Check out contour.org There is a forum there that you can search to answer any question that you may have.

Reply to
<someone