Interesting website and worth a look...

They have some good write ups... They are well worth a look! Let me know what you think please.

This link takes you to misfires but they have much more and a newsletter to deal with more issues as they occur.

will take you to the main menu...

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

I get 'em. Less than impressed... but then, I have been here a while and most have been covered much deeper.

I see them better than typical "Car-Guy" answer sites... but marvel at a user who bought an autotap and diagnosed with it, yet didnt know what the IAC was or what it did. (see April 2 Newsletter)

I suggest a good book on EEC like the Probst series,

and THEN following auto-tap.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The wonderful multi-talented Chuck Probst passed away several years ago. For the interested, here is a memorial, written by his son.

His original "Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control" helped me stop poking in the dark and understand what was going under the hood and what all those codes actually meant. I would have preferred a bit more science and math to go along with the narrative, but that's just me. Alas, even his second book is now 13 years old, and seems that nobody picked up the challenge. Or am I wrong?

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Krusty?

Why do I want to buy a book? It's all here for the price of your internet connection... You just have to find it... Yes I know it is not easy but it is all here without buying a book. Wrong?

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

No, with all due respect, it isnt ( and I'm a great fan of 'net researching)... those who have read the Probst books will attest to that. The guy was a genius at laying it out so it made perfect sense, THE FIRST TIME READ, especially to a guy with a background in 'systems, but even to a layman. Get a copy in library and you'll see.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hi Backyard,

Yes I agree,

What is the whole name of the book, author if you know it I will check it out. Yes sometimes a book is better.

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

copy both lines