Lincoln - loud clicking from AC / heat?

A loud clicking sound, one click per second aprox, is occuring in my Lincoln. Its definately inside the cabin, not an engine issue -- and even when the engine is off it clicks.

a month ago a mechanic I know said he heard of this issue with Lincolns, and to move the heat all the way up. I did this and the sound stopped! But today it started up again and no matter where I set the temp, its clicking, whether the heat / AC is on or off. I'm not sure what part it is that needs to be replaced...

Can someone point me in the right direction. The last thing I want to do is take the car to the 'thieves' at the Ford place to fix it

Jason Shohet

Reply to
jason shohet

just a guess, but look for the relay for that circuit.

"But now is the time for the younger men to lock in rough encounters, time for me to yield to the pains of old age. But there was a day I shone among the champions."

Homer, The Illiad, 23.715-719 (800 BC). King Nestor of Pylos.

Reply to
patricktee

Mine was doing this same thing last week. sounded like a door opening and closing quickly, could adjust the temp lower and it wound quit. today, it is not making the noise, and as you adjust the temp up and down, the numbers go up and down, but the air blowing out is the hotest possible reguardless if the temp is set at 60 or 90.

Reply to
gacotton

Reply to
pick one