M5 versus Shelby GT500

2006 BMW M5 (5 liter V10 7 speed with 500 horsepower & 383 torque) versus 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 ( 5.4 liter V8 6 speed with 500 horsepower & 480 torque). I am not a mechanic and don't know exactly what torque is but I heard that if a car has more torque, it has more power. If I am right, does that mean Ford Shelby can out run M5 from zero to sixty and high speed?. Also M5 costs almost twice as much than Shelby GT500 so seems Shelby is a better value. Am I right? Is there other side to this that I am ignorant about? Enlighten me please if I am.

dbltap
2006 BMW M5 (5 liter V10 7 speed with 500 horsepower & 383 torque) vs. 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 ( 5.4 liter V8 6 speed with 500 horsepower & 480 torque). I don't know exactly what torque is but I heard that if a car has more torque, it has more power. If I am right, does that mean Ford Shelby can outrun M5 from zero to sixty and high speed?. Also M5 costs almost twice as much than Shelby GT500 so seems Shelby is a better value. Am I right? Is there other side to this that I am ignorant about? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net ______________________________________________________________

Go Away Troll. dbltap. ______________________________________________________________

What is troll? The dictionary says it's something to catch fish with. snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net ______________________________________________________________

In fishing, to troll is to trail bait through a likely area hoping for a bite.

In newsgroups, to troll is to make posts designed to attract multiple responses from sincere newbies or excitable flamers who will jump in and expose their cluelessness and gullibility. Typical troll posting:

1.) An apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, 2.) A deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup, 3.) A broad request for trivial argumentative follow-up postings.

The OP's message looks like it falls in the 3rd category, and possibly the 1st. If so, it is a deliberate troll by someone trying to generate controversy. If not, it is just a naive newbie looking for attention.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

horsepower

I bet it doesnt matter because you fall into the category of not being able to afford just the tires for either without taking out a loan.

Those cars appeal to entirely different markets, I bet less than 10 percent of potential buyers would really care ..

Obviously 'bang-for-buck', the Shelby wins hands down. And if I had unlimited funds and I only bought and wore Italian shoes and only drank French wines, I wouldnt look at the Ford twice. But since I dont necessarily care what OTHER people think of my status based on how I look and what I drive, or drink or wear...I'd buy the Shelby anyway

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The Shelby is a MUCH better investment. BMW values drop like a STONE after a few years.

My.02

WCV

Over 10,000 vintage car t-shirts!

Reply to