mecury zephyr and AOD

oh yeah another thing could i put a AOD tranny in the 82 zephyr what vehicle would i get it out of?

-- friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one

My Homepage
Bridge River photos
briefcase beingsneaky
briefcase clao raven
Bcsnukwa briefcase
Webshots albums
Webshots albumsYou're a stranger only once, then you're just strange.

Reply to
sneakster

sneakster opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@uniserve.com:

Too bad you dont have a Fairmont... you can put ANYTHING in a Fairmont.

The ENGINE being more important than the car it's in.... WHICH engine do you have, 2.3, straight six or the v8?

You have a Fox platform, and the others you can swap with include the Mustang TBird and LTD II. Oh do I HAVE to say Fairmont?

I dont have good feelings about where this thread is going, either.....

so click on (copy/paste) the below and see if any of those sites can help..

Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
sneakster

sneakster opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@uniserve.com:

REALLY!?

Actually, I was just kidding... TWICE.

The FAirmont you CANT put just anythng in.. IS.. you guessed it; a straight six. First problem is the engine cradle is different.

Ask on one of the sites I gave you.

Also you might go to google|groups and search rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

with 200 ci

That was discussed there some time ago... what trannies fit and what other engines could be used. e.g; the 250ci engines from late 70's is the same basic block.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

-- friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one

My Homepage
Bridge River photos
briefcase beingsneaky
briefcase clao raven
Bcsnukwa briefcase
Webshots albums
Webshots albumsYou're a stranger only once, then you're just strange.

Reply to
sneakster

-- friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one

My Homepage
Bridge River photos
briefcase beingsneaky
briefcase clao raven
Bcsnukwa briefcase
Webshots albums
Webshots albumsYou're a stranger only once, then you're just strange.

Reply to
sneakster

Rebuilding your existing C4 is the most practical option. I have no experience with the small bellhousings for the four and five speeds, but the bellhousing is what will stop you, if you don't have the right one. The clutch pedal is gonna be an obstacle too.

good luck.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe