MK VII Blower wheel help

Hi All, I've run into an interesting problem with my 84 Lincoln MK VII. The blower motor wheel broke. No big deal except that a new replacement is not available, no where no how. It's D-99 from Ford, none of the local parts stores or online stores show a listing. I found one site that listed Everco part# 2762. They cancelled my order saying the part was no longer available. The local boneyards are no help because most of them scrapped their older cars back in the Spring when scrap prices peaked. One yard said they scrapped 2 Marks last week...Sh**. I've gotten different interchange info from scrap yards, they say Hollander has some "funny" listings on this one. What is "funny" about it I don't know. I have determined that the wheel for any 1984 or older Fox chassis car with factory air will fit. There are a few post

84 parts that will work, but not all. MK VII through 86 is also the same. I've posted to the Lincolnsonline forum along with a few other forums and am coming up empty. Does anyone have a wheel or motor\wheel assembly they would sell? I'll pay a slightly more than reasonable price. I'm in northern Ohio and winter's coming fast. Tom
Reply to
Tom Adkins

Tom Adkins opined in news:Eszed.237282$wV.183717@attbi_s54:

What broke? the hub from the stamped wheel?

take it to a machine shop that also does welding... they can braze and re- balance it

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Plastic, no weld.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Try NAPA.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I only sent it once, honest. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Thomas Moats opined

Aaack!!! Never mind! I thought they didnt start that unti around 90

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Tom Adkins opined in news:SNFed.415510$mD.194734@attbi_s02:

wellll...i only see it once... honest!

jim

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It showed up 7 times on my news server. I just noticed a few more duplicated messages. The Comcast server must have hiccupped. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Thanks Tom, It's not available from NAPA. That was the first place I checked because they can usually locate just about anything. As common as the Fox chassis car was I can't believe this part is so hard to find, especially used. I can understand why it might not be available aftermarket. The newest of these cars is 12-13 years old (18-19 for this particular application)and a blower wheel usually outlasts the car. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

I kinda believe the parts persons that you are working with are missing something. I'm willing to bet that if you look up the part number for say a Cougar or bird it will be the same as the Mark. I'm also willing to bet that the blower wheel for a later Mark is the same as the one that is called for in your

  1. Take your blower wheel to the counter and compare it to other blower wheels for a later model Mark.
Reply to
Thomas Moats

Tom, I'm finding out more as my search continues. T-bird, Mark, Mustang Through 1988. Cougar to 4\86. These all have the same wheel and are listed as N\A or just no listing. Dealer, all other parts stores including NAPA anywhere near me, online parts sites included. You're right, I'll probably have to pull the old one and try to match it up with something. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

In that case just go to a junkyard, you'll be able to find dozens of them.

Reply to
Adam Smith