muffler ?

i was lookin to change my exhaust on my 99 crown vic. i was wondering what size the pipes are stock? and what size the inlet and outlet of muffler should be if i keep the stock pipes. and what the length of the muffler its self should be? thanks in advance

Reply to
reetrulez

I'm sure there's an easier way, but what I do is actually take a tape and measure the muffler dimensions. I measure the circumference of the pipes at the connections and write it all down. Then simple arithmetic allows one to convert the numbers to diameter sizes, allowing for thinckness of the pipes of course. That way I know what I have on the vehicle I'm starting with and can check what's available to modify it.

Reply to
Al Bundy

if you're not sure how to do that... and many of us dont do it every year, let alone everyday...google for an on-line calculator/conversion site.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Take your circumference measurement and divide by pi, 3.1416, to acheive your diameter.

Example, if your circumference is 6.29", divided by pi, you have a 2" pipe.

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

"reetrulez" wrote

MasterBlaster