Need help to fix my backup light

I need to get the car safety check that required to have this backup light. It is a 1978 Ford Lincoln Versaille (similar to ford Granada. I bought this to restore the car last year. Questions:

1/ I would like to know where the backup light switch is and how do you engage or disengage it. 2/ Once the switch is engaged, how does the backup light get its power? Basically, is the power to the backup light come from the switch or the switch act like a ground wire to complete the circuit where there is a live wire at the backup light and all it needs is ground.

Thx

Reply to
none

Your back-up light switch is combined with your neutral safety switch. Location is either right at the transmission where the shiftlinkage connects or at the bottom of the steering column combined with your automatic park brake release. It is not ground controlled, pos power is supplied through the switch. Good luck.

Reply to
rjtvd

Reply to
none

Switch is not servicable. All you need for tools to diagnose is a testlight.

Reply to
rjtvd

Reply to
none