New Ford Mustangs: Newbie

Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm looking into buying a new vehicle and I have seen a _lot_ of the newer Ford Mustangs on the road around here--I think these are the V6 Mustangs. I might buy one. I'm trying to maybe get an

03 once the 04s come out. Can anyone tell me anything about these cars, good or bad?

I have never owned a Ford of any kind before. Sorry to sound ignorant. Thanks in advance for replies.

Reply to
Flash Forever

I own a 2003 Mustang GT convertible, my third Mustang. I have found them to be great, reliable, trouble free, reasonably priced vehicles. If I were you I would not take anyone else's advice. Drive one and get a total drive home price then decide for yourself, if the Mustang suits your needs and your budget.

mike hunt

Flash Forever wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

A new Mustang is coming out in '05. Might want to wait until then (late '04). The current Mustang rides on a platform that is at least 2 decades old. If you are going to get a Mustang, you should opt for the V-8 model. It is worth the price premium over the "rental-car" Mustang v6. The interior of the current car is very ordinary, actually, downright boring.

Reply to
AJ M.

Flash Forever Asked

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Drive the car.. then drive it again.

WHY do you like the Mustang?

It's a great car but not for everyone...

DOES IT FIT YOU..

As to V6 or GT.. THAT depends on what you want.

Drive both, if the GT doesnt light the fire in your belly but you like the way the car fits you, just buy the v6.

And dont worry about that platform... it's been refined a great deal but not TOO much. The Mustang is named that for a reason... just like the horse and the plane that influenced its design and name.

If you buy one, play with it in an empty parking lot wet and snowy to learn its handling habits... it's docile enough but a little different than a Front Wheel drive

I have owned 8 of them from 65 to 88 models

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Just take any model out for a test drive and ask for a quote on the model that suits your needs. Do your homework and shop around for the best price on the model that suits your needs. Also, get an insurance quote too.

I have never owned a Mustang. However, my sister has an '02 Mustang GT (V8 model). She didn't care for the V6 models becuase she felt that the V6 models weren't that impressive. She mentioned that she has driven her Mustang GT on the German autobahn. She loved how the Mustang GT performed and it has suited her needs. I personally could care less for the Mustang V6 models. They don't impress me. I like high performance engines and I prefer the GT or SVT models.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf