No timing marks seen - Ford 400 eng

I just changed my distributor on a 79 Ford F150 400 engine. I did not rotate the engine and have the new distributor back in the same position. But I am puzzled. There are no marks on that front crankshaft counterweight wheel. The indicator is a triangluar piece of tin, flat on one side, angled on the other. How in the heck do I time this engine?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

They should be on the crankshaft damper. You'll probably have to use a wire brush or sandpaper to find them-some weren't stamped very deep...

Reply to
Rick