OT: Question about location of Mitsubishi Eclipse Convertible motors

The Spyder convertible uses two electric motors and gearboxes. One on each side of the car. Has anyone had an opportunity to remove these before? If so could you post a reply with how access is gained to these motors?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jimz466

Jimz466 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m23.aol.com:

ummmm... just speculating; have you confused Mitsu/Chrysler with Mazda/Ford?

I see you already confuse AOL with Internet

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

ummmmm.. just speculating, but I guess you'd rather make wise comments than provide any assistance? Takes about the same amount of time, but it's more fun, right?

hmmm. ... I think the post heading starts with OT ...as in "Off Topic", a common courtesy for anyone posting questions about an Off Topic car.

I rebuild convertible top motors, mostly via mail and ebay. Someone emailed me with a question about the OT motors and I told him I haven't worked on that model car before, but I knew where some pretty experienced people post and I would try to get him some answers. I have no desire to get into a stupid little posting arguement. If someone has anything positive to add, it would be appreciated. If you want to make cracks, have fun. All I'm trying to do is give someone a hand. And yes, before anyone else gets in a tiff, I told him he may be better off to take the car to a shop to have the motors removed and then just send them to me.

Reply to
Jimz466

Jimz466 opined in news:

okay